Neighbourhood Plan submitted to WCC/ Riding House Street Consultation/Successful re-designation of the Forum
Neighbourhood Plan submitted
We have now submitted the revised Neighbourhood Plan and other documentation to Westminster City Council.
We would welcome any further comments or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
The relevant documents can be accessed here:
Riding House Street -Public Realm Improvements – Consultation
Have your say on the consultation on public realm improvements on Riding House Street between its junctions with Nassau Street and Cleveland Street. FM Conway, service provider to Westminster City Council, has been commissioned to undertake this consultation on behalf of the City Council.
- Formalised permanent road closure at east end of Riding House Street.
- Creation of a pedestrian zone with a flush surface throughout paved with two tone concrete paving.
- Benches and planting to improve public amenity and change the nature of Riding House Street from a road to a functional pedestrian space.
- Removal of the existing zebra crossing as it is no longer required. An informal pedestrian route between All Souls School sites is highlighted in the proposed paving pattern.
- Cycle parking facilities.
- Two-way operation to the east of Nassau Street to maintain access to motorcycle parking and for servicing vehicles.
Redesignation of FitzWest as a Neighbourhood Forum
We are delighted to report that FitzWest was successfully redesignated on 20 February 2020 as a Neighbourhood Forum. Thanks to everyone for for contacting Westminster Council to support us.
The FitzWest Neighbourhood Forum AGM and exhibition were held on 13th May 2019 at the Sainsbury’s Wellcome Centre, who kindly provided the venue and refreshments for the evening.
Please click on the links below for more information about the AGM and the presentations.
And remember to fill out the survey if you have not done so already. Click here for survey.
- Display boards which formed the exhibition with information about the Draft Neighbourhood Plan
- Minutes of AGM 13th May 2019
- Presentation by Nicholas Bailey about the draft Neighbourhood Plan
- Presentation by Adam Webber, Principal Policy Officer (Air Quality) Westminster City Council
New West End Company (NWEC) presented their ideas at the last Forum meeting for a much needed green space in the neighbourhood around Market Place.
We agreed to be involved with the consultation and planning and welcomed this proposal.
FitzWest Forum submitted a response in December 2018 to the recent initial consultation. The Oxford Street District detailed proposals will then be available in March 2019 for further response from local residents and businesses.
The Forum welcomes WCC’s commitment to consult local organisations and asks that this is maintained at regular intervals as project planning and implementation progresses.
We also submitted an assessment of bus activity in the area in December 2018