All members of the Forum are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on Thursday 18th May at 6pm at the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre, 25 Howland Street, W1T 4JG which will also feature:
- a presentation from Westminster Council and discussion about the changes to Oxford Circus traffic flow and how this will impact Fitzrovia
- a chance to hear about how the police are dealing with increased drug dealing on our streets
We look forward to welcoming you and for you to have a chance to meet your neighbours over a glass of wine.
If you are not able to attend in person, then a zoom link will be available for you to join virtually. Please click here to request the link by email.
1. Welcome, Introductions and Apologies
2. Minutes of the last meeting. Available on Fitzwest website: https://www.fitzwest.org/
3. Election and re-election of Executive members. Any member can stand for election. Please let us know via email if would like to stand. Candidates should be prepared to say briefly why they should be elected. If you can’t attend please send a few lines about who you are and why you should be elected.
4. Amending the constitution. Proposal: to amend the constitution so as to reduce the AGM quorum from 20 to 10 and the Executive quorum from 6 to 5. These changes would require a 75% majority of those voting. 10% of members can always call a general meeting to reverse such a decision.
5. Presentation of accounts
6. Proposed changes to traffic flow at Oxford Circus – Oxford Street Team, Westminster Council
7. Dealing with anti-social behaviour and drug dealing in FitzWest
8. Updates on current CIL projects
9. Any other business
Dear Fitzwest Forum Member
You are invited to the AGM on Thursday 13th October at 6pm.
Venue: Sainsbury Wellcome Centre, 25 Howland St, London W1T 4JG.
There will be the opportunity to learn a bit more about current Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) projects and how they are progressing, including plans for Market Place.
And if you are interested in joining the Executive or CIL committee and having a big say in how the CIL money is allocated, then you can find out how to do this as elections will be taking place.
It will be great to welcome you all in real life – after the last few years of virtual meetings!
THURSDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2020 6-8PM
IMPORTANT: UNFORTUNATELY THIS MEETING HAS TO BE HELD BY ZOOM. IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND, YOU MUST EMAIL US AT INFO@FITZWEST.ORG BY 4PM ON WEDNESDAY 16 SEPTEMBER AND WE WILL SEND YOU THE NECESSARY LINK, PASSWORD AND DOCUMENTS.
6.00pm Welcome, report on recent work and invitation to join.
6.15pm Minutes of last AGM
6.20pm Update on the Neighbourhood Plan. Nick Bailey. Q&A.
6.30pm Guest speaker. Chris Martin from Urban Movement: Creating a low traffic neighbourhood in Fitzrovia West. Q&A.
7.10pm Elections to the Executive. Three members of the Executive will be standing down and presenting themselves for re-election: Gwilym Harbottle, Ian Johnstone and Chris Shaw.
7.20pm Presentation of accounts. Yoram Blumann.
7.25pm AOB and further Q&A.
Please come to our Exhibition and AGM on 13 May 2019 at the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre, 25 Howland Street: https://www.sainsburywellcome.org/web/content/contact-us.
The Exhibition: from 2.30pm (note the new start time)
We’ll be presenting the latest Draft Neighbourhood Plan,(https://fitzwest.org/draft-plan/) some of our local greening projects including developments on Riding House Street and proposals for Market Place and suggestions about how to spend local CIL money (for CIL see the link below).
The Plan will help shape Fitzwest’s built environment and urban realm. This is your last chance to influence the draft before it goes out to formal consultation, so please comment if you can.
Members of the Executive will be available to answer questions and you will be able to express your views via a questionnaire. If you can’t come please answer the questionnaire (on the website soon). All views expressed will be carefully considered and our responses will be recorded in a consultation document.
The AGM: from 6pm
6.00pm Welcome. Report on our recent work and invitation to join (you need to be a member to take part in the AGM – if you know anyone who would like to join please feel free to forward this email and draw their attention to “How to join the Forum” below).
6.15pm Latest Draft Neighbourhood Plan(https://fitzwest.org/draft-plan/). Summary of key points and procedure going forward. Q&A. We will be inviting all 6 local ward councillors and relevant Westminster Council officers.
Lucas van der Steen WCC liaison Neighbourhood Planning will be there to answer questions.
6.30pm Air Quality. Adam Webber from Westminster City Council on how the council is aiming to improve local air quality. Q&A.
7.10pm Elections to the Executive. The Executive manages the day to day activity of Forum under the direction of you, the members. Any member can stand, so feel free to do so. If you send us a brief bio. in advance of the meeting we’ll circulate it. Three members of the Executive will be standing down and presenting themselves for re-election: Nick Bailey, Sharon Banoff and Barbara Corr.
7.20 Presentation of accounts.
7.25 AOB and further opportunity for Q&A
We look forward to seeing you on 13 May.
How to join the Forum
Membership is free and is open to anyone who lives, works in or runs a business in the Neighbourhood Area (see the map at https://fitzwest.org/fitzwest-area-map/).
People can join at the Exhibition/AGM or online at any time: https://fitzwest.org/become-a-member/.
Notes of the last AGM:
Details of Executive Members: https://fitzwest.org/meeting-notes/executive/